Job Specification - Nurse Apply Now
Job Title: Nurse
JOB TITLE: Nurse – RGN I RMN I RMNH/RN
REPORTING TO: Home Manager
JOB PURPOSE: To achieve the highest possible standard of care in a professional manner through direct nursing care and effective supervision of Staff Members. To take management responsibility for a shift as directed.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATIONS
- 1st Level Nurse
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Genuine interest in working with the relevant Client group
- Satisfactory Police Check and check against the POVA List (where applicable)
- Team player
- Experience and qualification in care for relevant Client category
- Previous supervisory experience
- Ensure that all Staff Members contribute, to the best of their ability, to the efficient running of the Care Centre and the creation of an atmosphere conducive to the best interests of the Clients. Duties may include acting up for the Deputy Home Manager and/or the Home Manager in their absence.
- Report any ill health amongst Clients and make requests for GP / Professional visits where necessary.
- Ensure that Clients’ Care Plans are completed and maintained in conjunction with Clients, Relatives and other Health Care Professionals, and in accordance with NMC guidelines & Company policy.
- Assess all aspects of Clients’ care needs, and provide health supervision and direct Nursing Care when required.
- Assess social and health care needs of new Clients, and maintain on-going assessment and review of all other Clients.
- Maintain accurate records and ensure that each Client within the Care Centre has an individualised Care Plan. Client Care Plans to be reviewed on a bi-annual basis, or more frequently as and when required, in accordance with NMC guidelines & Company policy.
- Carry out regular checks on Clients at intervals determined by the Home Manager. Ensure a clear and concise handover report is given to all relevant Staff Members at the end of each shift.
- Administer prescribed medicines and document the same in accordance with the Company’s procedure and NMC guidelines.
- Practice maximum integrity in all dealings with Clients’ personal and financial affairs, and avoid abuse of the privileged relationship which exists with Clients.
- Participate in Staff and Client meetings as and when required.
- Establish and maintain good communication with Clients, Relatives and with the multidisciplinary team. Provide administrative support when required.
Budgetary / Financial Control:
- Ensure that all commodities used in and around the Care Centre are sensibly conserved by all Staff Members e.g. monitor usage of incontinence aids, wipes, dressings, electricity
- Actively market the Care Centre and promote a positive personal / professional profile within the local community, ensuring the good reputation of the Care Centre at all times.
- Ensure the Care Centre is attractively presented, and odour free, at all times, in line with the Company’s attention to detail philosophy.
- Ensure a viewing room is suitably presented and available at all times (unless Care Centre is fully occupied).
Training & Development:
- Supervise and instruct junior and new Staff Members in all aspects of their work in the Care Centre, giving help and guidance where appropriate.
- Maintain and improve professional knowledge and competence. Keep professionally updated in all areas of clinical expertise
- Attend mandatory training days/courses, on or off site, as and when required.
Health & Safety:
- Report immediately to the Home Manager, or the Person in Charge, any illness of an infectious nature or accident incurred by a Client, colleague, self or another.
- Understand, and ensure the implementation of, the Care Centre’s Health and Safety policy, and Emergency and Fire procedures.
- Report to the Home Manager, or the Handyperson, any faulty appliances, damaged furniture, equipment or any potential hazard.
- Promote safe working practice within the Care Centre.
- Adhere to all appropriate NMC guidelines / regulations.
- Maintain all logbooks and records as required by both the Registering Authority and the Directors of the Company.
- Ensure that all information of confidential nature gained in the course of duty is not divulged to third parties.
- Assist in the arrangements for fund raising.
- Notify the Home Manager, or the Person in Charge, as soon as possible of your inability to report for duty, and also on your return to work from all periods of absence.
- Ensure the security of the Care Centre is maintained at all times.
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures within the defined timescales.
- Ensure all equipment is clean and well maintained.
- Carry out any other tasks that may be reasonably assigned to you.
This Job Description indicates only the main duties and responsibilities of the post. It is not intended as an exhaustive list.
The Company reserves the right to amend this Job Description from time to time, according to business needs. Any changes will be confirmed in writing. Please note that you share with the company responsibility for making suggestions to alter the scope of your duties and improve the effectiveness of your post.